Merry Christmas: “Witnesses of Christ” Christmas Concert
Christmas concerts, cookies, caroling and celebrating Christ. I look forward to the holidays every year.
But as the years go on, I wonder if I’ll feel the spirit of the season — whether I’ll access the youthful, innocent spirit of wonder, or if cynicism, disappointment and growing responsibilities have layered so thick that even the penetrating messages of Jesus’ birth and the magic of Santa Claus won’t reach my heart.
When I was young, my parents gave me The Polar Express.
Inside the front cover, my mother wrote: “May you always hear the bell.”
Not a year has gone by when I haven’t asked, “Will I hear the bell again this year?”
The disappointments and challenges of the year are what they are. And music doesn’t make them go away. But the performers in this Christmas concert offered praise that reached my heart. And so, once again, I thank God that I have heard the bell and felt the promise of the gift of His Son.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
A Christmas Concert: Witnesses of Christ
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing / Performed by Truman Brothers
- Witnesses of Christ – Introduction / Host, David Butler
- Witnesses of Christ: Shepherds / by Adam Hartshorn
- While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks / Sung by USU Chamber Singers
- Witness of Christ: Simeon / by Matheus Santos
- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear / Sung by Daniel Beck
- Witness of Christ: Manger / by David Butler
- O come, O come Emmanuel / Sung by Allie Gardiner and Wade Farr duet
- Kids Talking about Christmas / Presented by Shaunna Thompson
- Deck the Halls / Played by Josh and Lindsey Wright
- Witness of Christ: Mary / by Mary Alisa
- Infant holy, Infant Lowly / Sung by Stella Yeritsyan
- Moment Video – Nativity
- In the Bleak Midwinter / Sung by Rise Up Children’s Choir
- Witnesses of Christ Today / by Host David Butler
- Oh, Come All Ye Faithful / by Abraham Thomas, Aitana Alapa, and Terrell Baker
Memories of singing at Temple Square and my music background.